AKL1 (aka TAKL) has demonstrated benefits in symptomatic asthma and COPD patients uncontrolled on standard care medication.
Used as adjunctive support, AKL1 has demonstrated:
- Significant improvements in quality of life in St George’s Respiratory Questionnaire (Phase II: University of East Anglia / Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital).
- Trends to clinical improvements in Asthma Cough Questionnaire, Asthma Quality of Life Questionnaire, Leicester Cough Questionnaire, (DDX Trial, Aberdeen University).
Has been shown to:
- Reduce breathlessness and cough.
- Reduce frequency of exacerbations.
- Reduce dependence on bronchodilators.
- Allow reduction in ICS dose.