Rationale for Natural Adjunctive Support
Our research has shown that in Asthma:
- Despite effective treatments asthma outcomes remain suboptimal.
- Uncontrolled asthma is due to diminished bronchodilator & ICS response.
- Many patients harbour misgivings about conventional medical treatments particularly ICS treatment as a consequence adherence is frequently poor.
- There is considerable public interest in herbal treatments for asthma
- Approx. 40% of people with asthma may use herbal remedies with non-disclosure to orthodox practitioners being common.
Similarly, in COPD:
- Inadequate bronchodilator response.
- Inadequate response to ICS.
- Unsatisfactory treatment outcomes from conventional drugs and adverse events associated with several classes of drugs e.g. steroids and theophylline, contribute substantially to increasing popularity of herbal medicine.
- Better control of symptoms that impact quality of life remains an unmet need of COPD patients particularly breathlessness, chronic cough, excessive sputum production and general fatigue.